What's the Gospel?

"The Gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy.
That’s the gospel." - John Piper

Sunday, September 6, 2009

perspective.

It's everything.


How we view all the junk which happens in our lives and in the lives of those around us.

It's huge.

"Why do I suffer?"

"Why does this happen to me?"

We could ask these questions times a million because there is always something happening in our lives which makes us wonder.

I was reading Philippians this morning and came to verse 29 which says,

"For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on Him, but also to suffer for His sake".


furthur down in Philippians 3:8-10 the apostle Paul goes on to add...

"I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, (why?)... that I may win Christ...


...and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God through faith: That I may KNOW Him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable to his death."



it's clear throughout scripture that the apostle Paul suffered a great deal as a Christian.


Life's tough.



Last night I went out with a bunch of friends to see a movie.


When I came home, I walked through the front door and upon closing it I thought to myself, I wish Mum and Dad were here.

It's not often I think like this, but sometimes you just wish you could have your family around.


Quickly I was reminded that God is more than enough and things are ok.


If I really wanted to, I could hype myself up and dwell on all the bad things in my life... but I made a choice to not do that, because

a) it's not profitable

b) it's sin.

"whatever is not of faith is sin".




God is so good.


It's just gotta be my perspective.


When things are bad, "man this situation sucks, but God is good"


Romans 8:28-> "ALL things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose..."


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment